Turkey is a very lean meat. It contains a low level of fat so that after baking can be dry. Moreover turkey breasts are very large which may result in their center as tasteless. To prevent this, we can:
- insert meat into the brine day before (tablespoon of salt per liter of water)
- bake 70 minutes at 200°C for each kg (that is, as we have one breast 2,5kg we have to bake it less than 3 hours. If you have two breasts as I did not increase the time up to 6 hours just bake it the same time (breasts are arranged next to each other)
- Pull the skin on the turkey breast and attach it to the meat using toothpicks. The skin will prevent the drying out of meat.
- Rub the turkey before roasting with spices eg. Hot peppers and pepper or garlic and lemon or any kind of marinade.
- turkey breast with skin 2x2,5kg
- 2 lemons
- head of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of salt
- 4 liters of water
After baking, let stand the meat for about half an hour. If you start to cut immediately after baking, the meat will be throb to pieces - not what we want.
Additionally, you can prepare the sauce with the juices that leaked from the meat by adding corn flour.
I served turkey with cranberry sauce, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots and fine beans.